Monday, November 27, 2006

Five Minutes with The Interpol

First time I saw her my soul shattered. As I made an attempt to stop admiring her beauty, she was unaware of me, astonishingly looking at her.
After months of speculations, a rainy day brought her a few feet from me. As her aura glows in the distance, I'm too stupefied to get closer.
I can almost feel her breathing.
Her image started to become smaller every passing second, there is where I realized she was departing.
An electric impulse from my brain came as a slap to my blended senses, waking me up from this smooth trance. I convinced myself not to let her go and put my thoughts in motion. A simple hello changed the whole picture, making my day lighter by the touch of her hand.
A conversation in mute.
Not words but a charming music perceived my ears, a delightful melody of sounds composed by her mouth.
Cellphones companies interrupted another precious moment. The surrounds went blanket and banal just outside this circle.
Once again, I woke up by a slap, this time not from my brain, but from the interpol lady and her kind rejection to my coffee invitation. It could have been cappuccino, soda or maybe even iced tea...none of them would have compensated the polite refusal.
I insisted and she as well, only then my doubts dispersed into reality as she made me aware of her engagement.
The lost arts of morality and respect drew a border between us and almost automatically a thought came to my head: ¨what a lucky man that guy is¨.
I agreed with the terms of the meeting and accepted electronic mail accounts communications as the final verdict.
As I walked away into the rain, the echoes of her memory re-sounded in my head, immersing me into an overwhelming yet inspiring reflection.

3 comments:

careblock said...

"...her kind rejection to my coffee invitation"

i'd pay the rights to own this one

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"A conversation in mute" -loved it :)