Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'll never forget


001001001001010001001010100101001

 I still remember. Late younger cousin Elías. Even though we were not that close, I perfectly understood the overwhelming social pressure that you most likely felt that day. Lately, I've been thinking about it and that catastrophic way this system made you give your last breath away. Be productive they say. Study and go to work. Buy and consume for us. Get a degree then get your master and of course, don't forget getting that PhD for maximum capacity in excellent robot-like-citizen behavior level three. Just be quiet and follow through because dreams are nonsense. Make your parents proud. Have a nice car with a nice girlfriend. Then get married. Have kids and slowly die spiraling downwards while achieving "success". Fuck that.
 A few nights ago it was Christmas Eve, and we all just sat down there. Small talking. Pretending it did not happen. But I remember. I remember how you couldn't relate to this sick place. This dying wrapped up in plastic society. Fake. Everybody posting their wonderful lives on FB and newborn babies on IG. The radiant family picture always present somewhere. Hashtag imsohappy.
 I guess our leaders failed. Now these days I just embrace the random. Survival military kung fu shit got me going. Swimming unknown waters, yet the course is set. I'll never let it break me. May your energy flow in peace.