Thursday, May 7, 2009

Such a glimpse


At first, a stranger, an unknown being moving around my vision frame, another particle in the universe. Then a year or two of blindness came by, like hibernation for a polar brain, a comatose heart waiting to be awaken.
A newsflash refreshed my options and made my horizon wider. The enlightenment came the very next day along with the wind and the sea, the sand and the sun, and some strange vodka in the Caribbean. Such a glimpse, such a magical display of hidden feelings. I ignore the words to describe the moment, barely holding an explanation-less speech, a lame attempt to approach to her beauty.

At first careless, now fearful and distressed, sorrow and melancholy surrounds my everyday thoughts, a constant collage of images of her and the painful duty of shutting myself up. Just waiting in this torture by minutes and its endless seconds, I have to deal with her new unpleasant unavailability. Her brown eyes sting my chest to the deepest of my soul and then again I have to be quiet, a silent scream, unable to hold her hand, unable to set myself free.

Yesterday in chaos, today in this downward spiral of hurtful yet delightful feelings that gift cards stores call "love". What a wonderful ride my friend. Just hope to be on the right track this time. Or maybe not.

No comments: